VACANCY: Lead Coach
An exciting opportunity is available for a candidate with an interest in sports and community work at Notts County FC Football in the Community’s (FITC) award-winning scheme.
FITC has a wide range of community projects, working with people of all abilities, disabilities, ages and cultural backgrounds. FITC is an example of best practice and recently won the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s Professional Club Community Programme of the Year.
In 2014, we took over the operation and management of Portland Centre near Trent Bridge and played a key role in Nottingham’s successful bid to become Sport England’s first City of Football. As a result of these recent successes and growth, we are looking to recruit a candidate whose ambitions match ours. FITC is highly respected locally, regionally and nationally, offering great opportunities to staff who rise to the challenge.
The successful candidate will be organised, confident, positive, outgoing and persuasive, with a “can do” attitude. They will need to be clear and concise when communicating with excellent interpersonal skills. They will have considerable experience of working within a school environment and have a teaching or AFPE qualification. This opportunity is perfect for an individual who would like to work in a dynamic, professional sports organisation with an excellent reputation nationally.
- Develop and design schemes of work and session plans that enable all projects outcomes to be achieved
- To lead, assist and supervise coaching activities to ensure high quality delivery that meets the projects aims and objectives
- Manage resources
- Identify opportunities for personal and team development and assist with staff training
- Be responsible for your individual personal development
- Work as part of the Lead Coach team and develop working practices, ensuring strong communication between the Lead Coach team and through the rest of the team
- To have an in-depth knowledge of FITC and its projects and be actively involved in quality control
- Promote the core values within the FITC team
- To display leadership qualities, providing quality support across all levels
- Be a good role model and set high standards on both personal and professional level
- Monitor team dynamics and be supportive of all staff, ensuring staff are motivated at all times
- Ensure good planning, preparation and co-ordination of all aspects of the lead coach role
- Act as an ambassador for FITC helping to build positive relationships with partner organisations
- Generally undertake any tasks required in the operation of FITC
- A full UK driving licence (essential) and own car (preferred)
- A commitment to the aims, vision and values of FITC
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Approachable, committed, organised, supportive and resourceful
- Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support
- An understanding of and commitment to continuous improvement
- A positive, “can do” attitude and flexible approach
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, non-discrimination and accessibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to engage and interact with a diverse range of people of varying ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure
- Act as an ambassador for FITC building positive relationships
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with partners and participants
- Work effectively with others, co-operate with colleagues and help FITC achieve its goals
- A positive attitude towards professional development and own learning
Our aim – why we are here
Our aim is to provide high quality, accessible, life changing opportunities through sport and physical activity, improving people’s health, education, confidence and skills, increasing positive behaviours and bringing enjoyment to the people we work with. We use the power and strength of professional football and sport to engage with the local community.
What we do
Our greatest strength lies in our ability to make things happen and the positive actions we encourage through our professionalism and ability to engage even the hardest to reach individuals. Our key focus is in the areas of Health, Education and Social Inclusion delivering successful projects as we increase sports participation and physical activity.
Where we are going
We change lives and are constantly seeking new opportunities, new ideas, new methods and new funding. We build on existing partnerships and create new ones. We will respond swiftly to new opportunities for our local communities and use our aim as the guiding principle. This is all based on a solid foundation of a strong motivated workforce and 27 years’ experience of changing lives in our local community.