VACANCY: NCS Project Officer
An exciting opportunity is available for a candidate with an interest in youth and community to work at Notts County FC Football in the Community’s (FITC) on the highly respected NCS programme.
NCS is an initiative supporting 16 & 17 year olds from all backgrounds to work together, take on new challenges and make a difference. It aims to promote a more cohesive, responsible and engaging society by bringing young people from different backgrounds together to make a difference in their communities.
As Project Officer you will be involved in all phases of the recruitment and delivery. You will be involved in a fast-paced environment mobilising young people on to the FITC National NCS programme. You will be expected to meet and exceed targets in relation to the number of young people signing up and turning up for the programme as well as the number who complete the 4 week summer programme.
They will be target-driven and able to work with a demanding workload and multi-task, both behind the scenes and assisting on our pre-planned keep warm activities.
The successful applicant will have experience working with schools and young people across a variety of settings.
The ideal candidate will need to show flexibility due to the breadth of this role. The applicant will be expected to work increased hours during the summer and some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
The successful candidate will be organised, confident, positive, dynamic, outgoing and persuasive, with a “can do” attitude. They will be a strong researcher, clear, concise when communicating, with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. This opportunity is perfect for an individual who would like to work in a dynamic, professional organisation.
- To work with the Programme Manager to ensure FITC achieves all of the project objectives set by the NCS Trust and the Regional Delivery Provider.
- To organise and coordinate the highly successful Notts County NCS keep warm and delivery model.
- Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parents/carers via telephone, written and face-to-face communications.
- Manage data on the Salesforce system effectively and provide timely information to the Programme Manager in line with the agreed programme targets and objectives.
- Support the recruitment of seasonal staff and delivery of seasonal staff training.
- To provide safeguarding support during programme delivery and supervise staff and monitor their performance during delivery of the programme.
- To maintain a good working relationship throughout the delivery of the programme with a wide range of organisations, from the private, public and third sectors.
- To undertake risk assessments for any new activity and to ensure risk assessment checks are carried out for any ongoing activity.
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Responsible for a specific delivery area, up to 350 people.
- Ensure participant attrition rates stay above 88%.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities required to, commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for the post.
- Strong organisational skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Exceptional commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to form strong, productive relationships at every level.
- Demonstrable knowledge of community fundraising.
- Proven experience of youth engagement, especially 16 and 17 year olds.
- Ability to develop ideas, plan and administer campaigns in advance to make the maximum impact on young people.
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Internet).
- Experiencing using the Salesforce CRM system.
- Experience of staff recruitment, leading volunteers and sessional workers.
- Experience and understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and data handling.
- Able to work within a flexible timetable and commit additional hours during peak delivery times, including a commitment going on residential if required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Well organised, persuasive and supportive.
- Able to engage with a diverse range of young people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of the NCS Programme.
- Be a good role model and set high standards on both a personal and professional level.
- A full UK driving licence and own car.
- Must have Level 2 Maths and English.
- Must be motivated by performance and results focused.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
Please apply by in writing to Katie Booth NCS Project Manager, outlining why you would be suitable for the role.
You will need to address and give examples of some of the duties, skills and attributes listed as a requirement for this role. Please include in the cover letter your salary expectations.
Cover letters and CVs should then be sent to email@example.com.
Please note this post is NOT directly football related.