School Holiday Activities for just £1 per day!
Need some affordable child care for the school holidays or keen to make sure your children remain active and social during the school break? School’s Out is the perfect solution providing Nottingham families with a popular and highly successful scheme that allows them to try and take part in a vast variety sports, play board games and try their hand at arts and crafts.
Sports include: Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Dodgeball, Football, Handball, Hockey, Rounders, Athletics, Mini Tennis, Table Tennis, Netball, Arts and Crafts.
What you need to know about School’s Out
Ages: 8 to 15 Year Olds
Time: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Next Running: Monday 3rd until Thursday 13th April 2017
How much does it cost: £1 per day. There is an additional charge of £2.10p at Nottingham City Council Leisure Centre and £1.80 at Portland Centre for those wishing to go swimming
What do you need to register: Nottingham City Card or proof of age, e.g. passport or birth certificate
Bring: Packed lunch and plenty of water to last the day. Swimming kit if required
How to pre-book:
- Pre-book from: Monday 27th March
- To pre-book a place for Southglade LC, John Carroll LC or Clifton LC please call theNottingham City Leisure Centre Customer Contact Centre on 0115 876 1600. Please note you are no longer able to book at the Leisure Centre Recpetion.
- To pre-book a place at Portland Centre please call the Centre on 0115 859 9968.
- Please note that pre booked places will be held until 9:30 for each day of the programme. If those children, who have pre booked, have not registered by this time, their places will be opened up to those children who are paying on the day.
- You are unable to pre-book for the Minver Crescent site, so it is advisable to arrive early in order to secure a place
Southglade Leisure Centre
John Carroll Leisure Centre
Clifton Leisure Centre
Portland Centre (doesn’t run on a Tuesday)
School’s Out participants and parents have said:
“It gets the children out of the house when there’s not much to do and it’s cheap. Jake really enjoys it. He couldn’t wait to come this morning. He got up, made himself sandwiches and packed his own bag before I even got up” – Emma Trude (School’s Out parent)
“School’s Out benefits me as I work full-time and Logan just loves coming to activities. It works well with how I work, with me picking him up and dropping him off when it starts and finishes” – Margaret Wrathall (School’s Out parent)
“There’s lots that I enjoy about School’s Out, but the best thing, I’ll probably say is the swimming. I come to School’s Out because normally I play on the computer and I don’t want to play on the computer that much, I want to have more fun, than just playing on the computer all day” – Jake (9 year old participant)
“While I’m at School’s Out my parents go to work. I enjoy doing all the activities and meeting new friends. My favourite sport is hockey. I watched the Paralympics and some of the Olympics during the summer, which made me think it would be good to get more fit” – Charlotte (10 year old participant)
For more Information about School’s Out contact us on 0115 955 7215 or EMAIL